08 Février 2015
Whether you have a hot date lined up or are going out with your girl friends, almost everyone has some sort of Valentines’ Day plans. To feel your best, you want to look your best, especially for a special occasion. Here are a few ways to pamper yourself to look great for the holiday of love.
Indulge your skin. It’s the perfect time to pamper yourself with the gift of luxurious skincare- like the Shinso Line. Shinso Essence is a luxurious serum that instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. It helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. Shinso Mist invigorates and revitalizes your skin. Lastly, Shinso Glow exfoliates and rejuvenates the skin, leaving it refreshed and glowing.
Indulge in a nice massage. Massages are a great way to relax and also make great gifts. Soak in a hot bath with your favorite essential oils to start. This leaves you feeling clean and relaxed. Next, make an appointment for a massage ( solo or couples) and relax.
Indulge in a mani/pedi. If you want to save some money, you can always DIY at home. Soak feet in warm water, exfoliate with a foot scrub, then apply a rich foot lotion. Pick out a few of your favorite shades (red and pink are perfect for the holiday!)
21 Septembre 2014
Coconut oil has been popping up everywhere from grocery stores to health stores. Coconuts have a wide variety of health benefits including helping you to burn fat, moisturizing your hair, and even work to remove makeup. Here are just a few of the skin benefits of using coconut.
- Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer. It improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin, giving you a youthful appearance. Most moisturizers contain petroleum, which can suffocate the skin. Coconut oil is in it’s purest form (especially the organic kind) is the most natural thing you can use on your face to moisturize it.
- Coconut oil removes stubborn makeup easily. Instead of using makeup removers with tons of weird ingredients, coconut oil is a natural alternative that actually works. Apply a quarter-sized amount over your eyelids to remove mascara and eyeliner. Rinse with water. An added bonus? The oil works to moisturize and strengthen your eyelashes.
- Coconut oil softens the skin and adds a glistening shine. Apply it to freshly-shaved legs in the summer for a glow that shows off your tan. Add to cheekbones for a dewy finish.
- Coconut oil repairs damaged skin. For cracked and dry feet or hands, apply a generous amount of coconut oil to the area and throw on an old pair of socks or rubber gloves. After a few hours (or overnight) you will wake up with drastically softer and improved skin in that area.
25 Février 2014
At the recent 2014 BAFTA Awards, Bale his wife Sandra “Sibi” Blažić (a former model, make-up artist, and personal assistant to actress Winona Ryder) looked like a true power couple on the red carpet. The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) “supports, promotes and develops the art of film, television and video games – by identifying and rewarding excellence, inspiring practitioners and benefiting the public”. It’s also another excuse for celebrities to dress to the nines and don their best makeup and glowing skin.
- Use serum Shinso Essence the morning of a large event and the night before after you wash your face.
- Before applying any makeup or facial products, gently exfoliate the skin with Shinso Glow. This product will remove dead skin and you can be used for all types of skin- even those with Rosacea or sensitive skin.
- After applying makeup, you want to seal it in for a lasting and moisturizing effect. Apply Shinso Mist over the makeup to set the products and lift your face.
11 Février 2014
With the Oscars right around the corner, all eyes are bound to be on the stunning Cate Blanchett. While many at-home viewers will be anticipating what dress she’ll be wearing, I assume it will be hard to take our eyes off her beauty. The 44-year-old Blue Jasmine star has impeccable skin that that’s the envy of those half her age. So what products and routines are behind Blanchett’s milky, smooth complexion?
One of the most important factors to get skin like Blanchett’s is to wear a strong sunscreen daily. Whether it’s winter or summer, protecting your skin is crucial. In previous interviews, she mentioned a favorite of hers is Daylong Sunscreen Lotion- a sunscreen for those with skin that is extremely sensitive to the sun. Staying out of the sun when you can is your best bet to great skin at any age.
Blanchett also appreciates the transforming powers of a good facial. While previously spending time in London, she enjoyed one from a Shinso celebrity facialist. Instead of opting for tons of facial plastic surgery like most of Hollywood, she has received a “natural face lift” by using innovative Shinso skincare products.
Another important factor for beautiful skin is to make sure you drink enough water. Blanchett has said she has started drinking a lot of coconut water and “tends to live on it when I’m on stage”. Staying hydrated does wonders for your skin, but has many other health benefits as well.
To fake a little flush, Blanchett sticks to cheek stains, like this Tarte version. A rosy shade adds just a little color to her fair skin, so it looks believable.
04 Février 2014
The recovery process for any type of surgery is critical, especially those on the face. When having Botox injections, the recovery time is fairly short, and patients can return to work or their regular scheduled activities the same day. If you’re thinking of heading out for Botox injections, here are a few tips to help speed up the recovery process and provide you with the optimal results.
Use the right products. Many of the doctors who carry Shinso Skincare products apply them immediately after Botox injections to help the patient heal quicker (around 70% to 80% faster). After having Botox injections, a patient’s face will be a bit swollen. Shinso Skincare helps to reduce the inflammation in as little as 10 minutes. It’s best to apply these products daily during the recovery process at-home. The anti-aging benefits will help magnify the results of the Botox as well.
Avoid strenuous exercise. As with any procedure, doctors advise to avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after the injections. Normal activities can be continued that same day, but just be extra careful.
Avoid laying down. Your doctor will probably advise you to not lay down for four to five hours after the treatment. Many patients get Botox done earlier in the day or around lunchtime, which makes this tip easy to follow.
Do not massage or touch the area. Besides applying a product (like I mentioned above), try to avoid touching, massaging or rubbing your face, since this could exaggerate the swelling or produce redness. Slight bruising may occur in some patients, and this would just aggravate the skin more. The last thing you want after having Botox is to draw attention to your face for the wrong reasons!
Remember- every person reacts to these procedures in different ways, so be careful to talk to your doctor beforehand and after.