How to Eliminate Puffy Eyes
03 Juin 2014
Puffy eyes become a common skin concern for women due to a variety of reasons, ranging from not getting enough sleep to seasonal allergies. Puffy eyes are a beauty problem where the eyes begin to swell due to different factors, a few of which are mentioned above. Puffy eyes can make you looked tired and ill even when you aren’t, so here are a few tips to help eliminate puffy eyes.
- Apply soaked and cooled tea bags, which help to constrict blood vessels and reduce swelling. Certain herbal teas contain anti-irritants that soothe redness and inflammation as well. Steep 2 teabags in hot water for three to five minutes, and then let them cool until the bags are comfortably warm to the touch.
- Much like the tea bag remedy above, chilled cucumbers work in a pinch as well. Relax slices over your eyes and take a short, relaxing nap. The anti-inflammatory properties of the cool cucumber will naturally help reduce puffy tissues.
- Apply cold spoons that you store in the freezer to each eyelid. Lay down, close your eyes and place the curved side of the spoon down on each eye. This will temporarily help your eyes reduce to normal size.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water. Staying hydrated will help to reduce puffiness, since dehydration or too much salt can be a popular cause of puffy eyes.
- Get enough sleep! Sleep isn’t just essential to your beauty, but it is essential to your health, too.
- Apply a caffeinated eye cream each night, which can make your skin feel more awake and make you look more awake. A light concealer under the eyes and a good mascara can work wonders, too.