Prepare Your Skin for Fall
25 Août 2014
With summer coming to an end, it’s time to transition your skincare for the fall season. You no longer have to worry so much about your makeup sweating off, hiding uneven tan lines or any other summer skin concerns. Here are a few tips to prepare your skin for fall.
- Switch from lotions to creams. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
- Start using hand cream. Your hands begin to get dry and crack faster once the air starts to get cooler and the wind picks up. Use a thick hand cream to nourish your hands and prevent aging signs.
- Fix summer damages with a deep-cleaning treatment. Your skin is probably damaged from the sun, sand and sweat you experienced during summer. Spend one day a week by giving yourself a deep skin treatment, including exfoliation (Shinso Glow) a serum that deeply penetrates the skin (Shinso Essense) and more.
- Prevent dry skin. Wash your face with tepid- not cold or boiling hot- water as to not irritate your skin. Moisturize daily and nightly to prevent dry skin from even becoming a problem.
- Use SPF. As always, make sure to apply SPF each day. You may not be exposed to as much sun as summer or spring, but it’s still out there and can hurt your skin.