The Importance of Water For Your Skin
15 Septembre 2014
You already know that drinking enough water is good for your health and body, but did you know how important water is for your skin? Whether your prefer bottle water or water straight from the tap, getting enough daily is key to your health. Aim to drink 8 glasses of water per day and read up on the skin benefits below.
- Your skin already contains water, which is an important factor. The skin is a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss.
- When you don’t get enough water, you are dehydrated. This makes your skin look dry, aged and wrinkled. Proper hydration helps to prevent this.
- Water rids the body of toxins, many of which can affect the quality of your skin.
- Water improves and regulates circulation and blood flow.
- Your skin is an organ, which is made up of cells. And skin cells, like all the other cells in the body, are made up of water. Without water, the organs won’t function properly.
- In addition to physically drinking water to keep your skin hydrated, you can also use a moisturizer daily.