18 Juin 2015
It’s a no-brainer that sunscreen is an extremely important part of everyone’s daily skincare routine, but what specific types of sunscreen should you be using? Natural sunscreens have become more widely produced and available at affordable prices, making this the clear choice. Below are a few reasons why you should choose a natural sunscreen.
They don’t contain harmful toxins. Some sunscreens contain ingredients such as retinyl palmitate and retinyl acetate (derivatives of Vitamin A that could speed up the development of skin tumors and lesions) or ozybenzone (could disrupt hormones by penetrating the skin and entering the bloodstream). Instead, look for mineral-based ingredients that won’t penetrate the skin, like zinc or titanium oxide.
Natural sunscreens often are unscented. Fragrances in sunscreens are often petroleum-based and can lead to organ toxicity and allergies. People with sensitive skin or skin that burns/breaks out easily should avoid anything with fragrances as well.
You’re helping the environment. Sunscreens that don’t contain these harmful toxins won’t get released into the environment. Any mineral that is harmful to humans to put on their skin also is generally harmful to wildlife and their ecosystems. You could also take into consideration that sunscreens with natural ingredients are produced in a more eco-friendly way as well, but this isn’t proven yet.
10 Mars 2015
Coconut oil has been around for centuries, yet it seems that it has just gained mainstream popularity in the past year or two. Coconut oil can be used in cooking, cleaning and even on your hair and skin. It’s a great alternative to over-the-counter products since it’s all-natural and safe. Here are a few of the beauty and skincare uses and benefits of coconut oil.
The main use for coconut oil is as a moisturizer. Apply it to your dry, cracked hands if winter has ruined them (or if you work with your hands a lot and they become rough).
If you run out of shaving cream, coconut oil is an awesome alternative. It’s naturally anti-microbial, so it holds up well in the shower and bathroom areas. The oil’s skin-soothing properties will also leave your legs looking hydrated.
Coconut oil can be used as a natural highlighter. Dotting the oil on the tops of your cheekbones adds a natural shine and sheen without being too greasy. Skip the expensive highlighters and try coconut oil out.
Not only does coconut oil work as makeup, but it also removes makeup just as well. Smear a spoonful of coconut oil around your eyes to remove mascara and eyeliner. It helps if the oil is a bit warm, so you can always rub a bit in your hands before applying. Then wipe away with a clean washcloth and you’re done.
Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal and moisturizing. Many women use it as a nighttime moisurizer on their face and neck.
13 Octobre 2014
To get that perfect, healthy and glowing skin, you need to exhibit a healthy lifestyle and take care of yourself. One of the most overlooked factors in skin care that can affect the health of your skin is pollution. Whether it’s dirt, dust, smog or other more harmful chemicals and particles in the air are great threats to healthy skin. Here are a few food and ingredients that you can consume to help protect your skin from pollutants.
- Foods with antioxidants help to block free-radical activity in your body. Antioxidants can prevent or slow oxidative damage to the body. Including antioxidant-rich foods in our diet can help, so fill up on the following: blueberries, kidney beans, squash, leafy greens, cranberries, artichokes, pecans and more. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants can help against the damaging effects of pollution.
- Many skincare products contain antioxidant ingredients, such as vitamins A, C, and E, provide various benefits. Foods to consume with a high vitamin A makeup include sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, and cantaloupe. Foods with a large amount of vitamin C are bell peppers, broccoli, strawberries, brussel sprouts and more. Finally, foods with enough vitamin E for your daily intake include tofu, spinach, almonds, avocados, shrimp and more.
- Water. Drink plenty of water and consume foods (such as fruits and vegetables) with a high-water content.
09 Juillet 2014
- Use Shinso Mist. Shinso Mist can be used anytime- before as a primer or after you’ve applied your makeup as a setting spray. This product gives you a natural face lift and rejuvenates the appearance of your face. It can help to reduce wrinkles, brighten the skin, tighten the skin, hydrate the skin, reduce pore sizes and more. The effects of applying this product will last for 45 to 60 days, depending on how often and properly you use it.
- Use makeup to contour your face. It may look hard, but contouring your face with makeup is fairly easy. You’ll want to apply a lighter product (concealer or highlighter) to the areas of your face that you want to stand out. You’ll also apply a darker product (like bronzer or powder) to the areas you want to hide. This make your cheekbones and eyebrows pop, which gives you a more youthful appearance.
- Give yourself a nice facial massage. Applying your favorite oil cleanser and start rubbing! Starting from the center of your face, start to massage your face using small, circular motions. Work inwards against your lines and wrinkles, then massage your eyes gently. Lastly, work on your forehead.